So, sometimes “shit” can happen. Accidentally do rm -rf in linux OS, or click empty recycle bin in windows. Or, disk is corrupt, boot sector is broken, etc. This is a very useful tool to help you to “try” to fix it. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. At least you try… 😉 Err, wrong emoticon, it should be 🙁
TestDisk is OpenSource software and is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL v2+).
TestDisk is powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software: certain types of viruses or human error (such asaccidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.
- Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
- Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
- Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
- Fix FAT tables
- Rebuild NTFS boot sector
- Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
- Fix MFT using MFT mirror
- Locate ext2/ext3/ext4 Backup SuperBlock
- Undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
- Copy files from deleted FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions.
Download the file from here: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download