In this blog, I just would like to give you high level step by step and references if you would like to host your domain’s email (webmail, mail accounts) using AWS Workmail. I used this methods to host my https://mail.priyambodo.com email account.
- Configure your domain to be hosted on AWS Route53
- Create an Active DIrectory (use SimpleAD if you have small number of users) from AWS Directory service menu
- Create Add Organization from AWS Workmail service menu. Choose standard setup and choose your created directory above
- Create Add Domains in the AWS Workmail menu. Choose the domain that you have purchased earlier (hosted in Route53)
- Configure your Autodiscover so you can configure your email easily (without entering manual server) via mobile via Route53 and Cloudfront (ex: IOS, Android) – https://docs.aws.amazon.com/workmail/latest/adminguide/autodiscover.html
- Open your webmail to use your mail (you can also redirect your mail.domain.com) to this email.
Check the complete reference from: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/workmail/latest/adminguide
Thanks in advance.