Usually customer would like to expand the benefits that they already achieved using virtualization (financial, business and operational benefits of virtualization within its operating environment) to another level. For example to Business Critical Applications such as Oracle Database, thereby reaping the many benefits and advantages through its adoption of this infrastructure.
- Effectively utilise datacenter resources, as in traditional physical servers a lot of database server only utilize 30% of the resources.
- Maximise availability of the Oracle environment at lower cost, as virtualization can give another layer of high availability.
- Rapidly deploy Oracle database servers for development, testing & production, as virtualization can have templates and automation.
- Maximise uptime during planned maintenance, as virtualization can give the ability to move database to another machine without any downtime for the workload.
- Minimise planned and unplanned downtime, as virtualization can give better disaster recovery avoidance and disaster recovery actions.
- Automated testing and failover of Oracle datacenter environments for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Achieve IT Compliance, as we have better monitoring systems, audit mechanism, policy enforcement, and asset managements.
- Minimise Oracle datacenter costs for floor space, energy, cooling, hardware and labour, as some physical servers can be consolidated into just several physical servers. This will give customer a better TCO/ROI compare to physical servers approach.