If you think Cloud Computing is only about “Hosting your Server” (which a lot of people do)… then, please kindly read again some public materials out there and create a free account at AWS to try it by your self – since it is way beyond than that!
One of the service that I would like to talk about right now is about the services and platform that are available for Machine Learning purpose – to create an artificial intelligence services for your customers.
At Amazon, artificial intelligence has been investigated for over 20 years. Machine learning (ML) algorithms drive many of our internal systems. It’s also core to the capabilities our customers experience – from the path optimization in our fulfillment centers, and Amazon.com’s recommendations engine, to Echo powered by Alexa, our drone initiative Prime Air, and our new retail experience Amazon Go. This is just the beginning. Our mission is to share our learnings and ML capabilities as fully managed services, and put them into the hands of every developer and data scientist.
- Machine Learning Application Services – ready to use functions and building blocks for your advanced applications.
- Amazon Rekognition makes it easy to add image and video analysis to your applications. You just provide an image or video to the Rekognition API, and the service can identify the objects, people, text, scenes, and activities, as well as detect any inappropriate content. Amazon Rekognition also provides highly accurate facial analysis and facial recognition on images and video that you provide. You can detect, analyze, and compare faces for a wide variety of user verification, people counting, and public safety use cases.
- Amazon Lex is a service for building conversational interfaces into any application using voice and text. Amazon Lex provides the advanced deep learning functionalities of automatic speech recognition (ASR) for converting speech to text, and natural language understanding (NLU) to recognize the intent of the text, to enable you to build applications with highly engaging user experiences and lifelike conversational interactions.
- Amazon Polly is a service that turns text into lifelike speech, allowing you to create applications that talk, and build entirely new categories of speech-enabled products. Amazon Polly is a Text-to-Speech service that uses advanced deep learning technologies to synthesize speech that sounds like a human voice.
- Amazon Comprehend is a natural language processing (NLP) service that uses machine learning to find insights and relationships in text. The service identifies the language of the text; extracts key phrases, places, people, brands, or events; understands how positive or negative the text is; analyzes text using tokenization and parts of speech; and automatically organizes a collection of text files by topic. Using these APIs, you can analyze text and apply the results in a wide range of applications including voice of customer analysis, intelligent document search, and content personalization for web applications.
- Amazon Transcribe is an automatic speech recognition (ASR) service that makes it easy for developers to add speech-to-text capability to their applications. Using the Amazon Transcribe API, you can analyze audio files stored in Amazon S3 and have the service return a text file of the transcribed speech.
- Amazon Translate is a neural machine translation service that delivers fast, high-quality, and affordable language translation. Neural machine translation is a form of language translation automation that uses deep learning models to deliver more accurate and more natural sounding translation than traditional statistical and rule-based translation algorithms.
- Machine Learning Platform Services –
- Amazon Machine Learning is a service that makes it easy for developers of all skill levels to use machine learning technology. Amazon Machine Learning provides visualization tools and wizards that guide you through the process of creating machine learning (ML) models without having to learn complex ML algorithms and technology. Once your models are ready, Amazon Machine Learning makes it easy to obtain predictions for your application using simple APIs, without having to implement custom prediction generation code, or manage any infrastructure.
- Amazon SageMaker is a fully-managed platform that enables developers and data scientists to quickly and easily build, train, and deploy machine learning models at any scale. Amazon SageMaker removes all the barriers that typically slow down developers who want to use machine learning.
- AWS DeepLens is deep learning enabled video camera (hardware) for developers. It helps put deep learning in the hands of developers, literally, with a fully programmable video camera, tutorials, code, and pre-trained models designed to expand deep learning skills.
- Deep Learning, with EC2 instance pre-installed with popular deep learning frameworks.
- AWS Deep Learning AMIs provide machine learning practitioners and researchers with the infrastructure and tools to accelerate deep learning in the cloud, at any scale. You can quickly launch Amazon EC2 instances pre-installed with popular deep learning frameworks such as Apache MXNet and Gluon, TensorFlow, Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, Caffe, Caffe2, Theano, Torch, PyTorch, Chainer, and Keras to train sophisticated, custom AI models, experiment with new algorithms, or to learn new skills and techniques.
PS: Try it your self to see how easy to start to BUILD your service on top of AWS Cloud Platform (use the FREE account! NOW!) – at amazon we like to say “Get your Hands Dirty!”