- Create virtual servers.
- Edit virtual servers.
- Manage virtual servers.
- Relocate virtual servers.
- Discover virtual server, storage, and network resources and visualize the physical-to-virtual relationships.
IBM Flex System Manager VMControl Standard Edition is a licensed feature of VMControl. With VMControl Standard Edition, you can complete the following tasks:
- Create new image repositories for storing virtual appliances and discover existing image repositories in your environment.
- Import external, standards-based virtual appliance packages into your image repositories as virtual appliances.
- Capture a running virtual server that is configured just the way you want, complete with guest operating system, running applications, and virtual server definition. When you capture the virtual server, a virtual appliance is created in one of your image repositories with the same definitions and can be deployed multiple times in your environment.
- Import virtual appliance packages that exist in the Open Virtualization Format (OVF) from the Internet or other external sources. After the virtual appliance packages are imported, you can deploy them within your data center.
- Deploy virtual appliances quickly to create new virtual servers that meet the demands of your ever-changing business needs.
- Create, capture, and manage workloads.
IBM Flex System Manager VMControl Enterprise Edition are also licensed features of VMControl. With VMControl Enterprise Edition, you can complete the following tasks.
- Create server system pools, which enable you to consolidate your resources and workloads into distinct and manageable groups.
- Deploy virtual appliances into server system pools.
- Manage server system pools, including adding hosts or additional storage space and monitoring the health of the resources and the status of the workloads in them.
- Group storage systems together using storage system pools to increase resource utilization and automation.
- Manage storage system pools by adding storage, editing the storage system pool policy, and monitoring the health of the storage resources.